Click the titles to view posts!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Random Life Update

Ode to Morning Coffee

O, sweet morning elixir, my Morning Coffee,
How have I ever functioned without thee?
Beneath stacks of paper, I'd surely drown,
Without your inviting and quiescent brown
Ambrosia that to my belly goes,
And warms me right up right down to my toes.
Your fluorescent-light-reflecting sheen,
Gilds your invigorating caffeine.
Contained by warm porcelain, you yearn to escape
Down the throat before you agape.
My body you lube, that's clear to see,
From the speed of my stool to the stink of my pee.
If I drink you too quickly, my tongue I will burn
But too slowly a-sipping leads to my return
To the sink where I leave erstwhile goodness to drain
Then I fill up my cup and I drink you again.

(Repeat 3x at least)

Sorry for not posting in a while, I've been...um...busy? Work has taken a turn for the better—now I'm actually building a site (well, right now I'm blogging, shhh) as opposed to updating and maintaining existing ones. When I get home, I do one of two things: some form of ultimate (participatory or coaching [which, by the way, I'm now an official "coach" of Emory Men's Ultimate]) or building out my father's website, columbussupply.com. I haven't been sleeping well because when I get into programming mode, I often find myself losing track of time, sometimes getting to bed at 2am or later just because I'm trying to get some feature of the site to work. Then I wake up at eight every morning and somehow drag my ass to work, where occasionally I'll have a beautiful wonderful lovely cup of coffee or three (see "Ode to Morning Coffee" above). It is the only reason my day is even a smidge productive.

On a high note, Regionals is this weekend! Imagine your old Reeboks that you would sit there pumping until they exploded, and then multiply that explosion by e2 and you have how pumped I am to play this weekend. And despite all the nagging and naysaying, we definitely have a shot of going to nationals. However, we will have to 1)pull our collective ninja/pirate head out of our half smooth and silent/half barnacled and eye-patched ass and 2)play the best we've ever played. If we do these two things, I'm confident that we will surprise some people. We have the skill, we have the determination, now all we need is the confidence, and although mine might be overwhelming, I can't be confident enough for everyone. You'll get a write-up probably three to four days following the tourney.

Learnlink returns soon...Oh how weird it will be to be talking to all the kiddies again.

Word of the Day: cumshaw n: a gift or handout; a payoff or a bribe.

"The Red Cross gave me a nice cumshaw after I lost everything! Whoopee! I'm gonna go spend it all on expensive clothes!"

2 Unauthorized Ramblings:

Around September 29, 2005 12:05 AM, Blogger SamanthaG said...

You are a mess. =)

 
Around October 05, 2005 12:21 PM, Blogger KQ said...

You guys give me crap about never posting? Pshaw!

P.S.
1/2 Lb. Beef and Potato Burrito- pretty darn good, no?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home