Click the titles to view posts!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

DIE COMCAST

So my internet has been out/sporadic now for about two weeks, and it has been driving me nuts. I've called them five times, and every time the sympathetic voice on the other end tells me that I should be mad that I'm not receiving the high-speed internet service for which I pay out the nose. And every time, she says, "I'll send someone right out there. The earliest I have is[most inconvenient time ever] on [eight months from now]. Should I schedule an appointment?" And every time, some retarded hungover guy shows up at my door with his cellphone-gabbing buddy, tromps all over my carpet with his muddy boots (which, for the life of me, I can't figure out why they're muddy. These guys don't actually do anything), unplugs my modem and sticks it into his little machine that he undoubtedly has no idea how to use, presses some random buttons and looks at the screen (which, in retrospect, didn't even look turned on) and tells me, "Well, *hic* everything looks fine to me. Give us a call if you have any more prob*hic* problems." And then he leaves. However, my internet still isn't working. Comcast can cry themselves to sleep when they don't get paid for this month. Bitches.

How did I create this entry, you ask? Hint: check the timestamp, and then don't tell my boss.

Word of the Day: lucubration n: laborious study or meditation; work produced by such studies.

"Hey, I'm going to the store. You need anything, Mom?" "Well, yes, honey, your father is coming home early from work today, so could you pick me up some lucubration?"

Ha...just kidding. I never need lucubration.

9 Unauthorized Ramblings:

Around September 08, 2005 12:48 PM, Blogger SamanthaG said...

Your a freak. Lets not use Lubrication as the word of the day again, shall we?

 
Around September 08, 2005 1:45 PM, Blogger Edelman said...

Silly Samantha...look at the word a little bit closer. Then let's look up the word "pun," shall we?

By the way, Shotgun is going
d
o
w
n

|
V

 
Around September 08, 2005 2:35 PM, Blogger SamanthaG said...

Yeah RIGHT! We've kicked your ass twice now, big boy!

 
Around September 08, 2005 2:54 PM, Blogger Edelman said...

It's all part of our plan, my pretty. And don't forget that time we wasted you. I have a feeling you're going to be experiencing some dejá vù in the near future...

|
V
|
V
|
V

 
Around September 08, 2005 3:16 PM, Blogger SamanthaG said...

Wasted me? What the F*** do you mean by that? Wasted me??

 
Around September 08, 2005 3:35 PM, Blogger Ned said...

I was expecting a post about "The Comcast"...maybe a new German branch. Lame.

 
Around September 08, 2005 4:24 PM, Blogger wood said...

Sam, we're just going to have Lee ramble on next to you the whole game. We'll see who goes down then. Speaking of which, have you fucked Mati on a river yet?

 
Around September 08, 2005 5:06 PM, Blogger SamanthaG said...

Alright, alright....
Seriously Wood, Mati!? Damn Rivers.
That and Lee doesn't bother me, he just makes me giggle.

Oh Lord, having friends on a "rival" team is SO not easy!

 
Around September 09, 2005 9:37 AM, Blogger Jon said...

I had the exact same problem with Comcast. It was nothing with my modem, and ended up being a weak link in the broadband network that they had (surprise!) never noticed. I hate them, but have no choice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home